Fresh Start Services
With our Fresh Start Services, you can regain a financial foothold by building and repairing credit, developing great money management skills and more. See below for everything we have to offer!
We are committed to helping families thrive. For many, this means having a reliable way to get to work. If you're struggling to get there and need a car, we can help! Our Working Wheels Car Ownership Program was designed to help struggling families make the drive.
In order to qualify, you must:
- Have a minimum of six months employment and at least 30 hours worked per week
- Be 18 years of age or older and have a valid CT driver's license
- Have a minimum of six months at current address
- Meet with a Loan Consultant in person to review and complete a personal budget for loan payments. Applicants in bankruptcy (or preparing to file) are not eligible
- Complete a financial literacy class provided by Nutmeg State FCU
Our Working Wheels Car Ownership Program has an interest rate of 12% APR*. After one year of timely payments, you'll be rewarded with an automatic rate reduction!
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. The interest rate is 12% APR spread over 36 months. Other rates and terms are available. Sample monthly payment for $1,000 borrowed for 5 years at 12% APR is $22.24. Max loan not to exceed $10,000. Automatic rate reduction after 12 months of timely payments. Rate reduction amount is determined based on credit history and other factors. Other terms and conditions apply. Must be considered low-income in accordance with HUDs income guidelines. Must have 6 months employment or enrollment in an educational program. Must have a minimum of 6 months at current address. Must meet with Nutmeg State FCU Car Loan specialists to complete personal budget. Must be a member to qualify. Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
We think everyone deserves a second chance. With Rebound Checking, you'll have all the benefits of a standard checking account with special limits to make sure your money is managed right.
- Low monthly fees (even lower with Direct Deposit!)
- Low opening balance requirement*
- ID Theft Protection Available
- Complimentary Debit Card with access to over 50,000 ATMs
- Access to e-Banking, e-Statements, e-Deposits and more
Contact us today to open your Rebound Checking account.
*Minimum balance of $25.00 required to open account. $10.00 monthly fee. Monthly fee lowered to $5.00 for members who set up direct deposit within 30 days of account opening. Overdraft protection and Privilege Pay services available after 12 months of good standing. Mobile deposits will be unavailable for first 90 days following account opening. May be subject to 1099 reporting. Other terms and conditions apply. Inquire for more details.
A great way to build a healthy credit history is with regular, timely credit card payments. With our Secured Credit card, you can enjoy all the benefits of our standard credit card and repair your credit history! Take a look at some of our credit card features:
- Fixed-rate (non-variable) APR*
- No annual fees
- No minimum finance charge
- No balance transfer fees
- Identity theft protection
- Free rewards program
But that’s not all! Courtesy of Mastercard®, there are even more benefits to using a Nutmeg credit card:
- Zero Liability Protection
- MasterCard ID Theft Protection
- Fuel Rewards Network
- Price Protection
- Extended Warranty Service
Ready to get started? Contact us today to apply for a Secured Credit Card.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rates are based on credit score and other factors. NSFCU’s credit card is a non-variable rate card. Interest rates range from 11.95% – 17.95% Annual Percentage Rate for reward point cards. Matching funds must be placed in a secure savings account equal to the credit limit of secured card.
More products details coming soon!
For any questions about our Fresh Start Services, please contact us at any time. You can also fill out the form below and we'll get back to you with more information!