Credit Report Resources
Fighting Fraud and Identity Theft
The Federal Trade Commission reports that identity theft is the number one complaint among consumers. Therefore, you should always protect yourself and take the necessary steps to shield your identity. Some easy precautions you can take to prevent thieves from stealing your financial information include:
- Shredding all pre-approved credit offers, credit and debit card receipts, insurance forms, financial statements and other paperwork containing personal and financial information.
- Reviewing all credit union statements and other monthly financial statements for discrepancies.
- Never printing your social security number on your checks or carrying your social security card in your wallet.
- Never giving personal or financial information over the phone unless you initiated the call, know the caller or know how the information will be used. We will never ask you for personal information via e-mail or the telephone.
- Checking your credit report regularly in order to ensure there are no discrepancies.
Unfortunately, identity theft is a problem that continues to grow. We are dedicated to helping you protect your personal information and will continue to take steps to ensure your identity is protected. Your safety is one of our main priorities.
For more information and helpful tips on preventing identity theft, visit the Identity Theft section of the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Obtain Your Free Credit Report
Under the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions (FACT) Act, you are entitled to a free credit report each year from the three major reporting agencies. You can obtain these free annual credit reports by visiting www.annualcreditreport.com, calling 1.877.322.8228, or mailing your request to:
Annual Credit Report Request Service
P.O. Box 10528
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281
Credit Reporting Agencies
P.O. Box 105069
Atlanta, GA 30348
Report fraud: Call 1-800-525-6285 and write to address above.
Order credit report: 1.800.685.1111
Experian (formerly TRW)
P.O. Box 9532
Allen, TX 75013
Report fraud: Call 1.888.EXPERIAN (888.397.3742) and write to address above
Order credit report: 1.888.EXPERIAN
P.O. Box 6790
Fullerton, CA 92834
Report fraud: 1.800.680.7289 and write to address above
Order credit report: 1.800.888.4213
Web site: www.transunion.com
To opt out of pre-approved offers of credit for all three bureaus, call 1.888.5OPTOUT. You may choose a five-year opt-out period or permanent opt-out status.
Social Security Administration
Report fraud: 1.800.269.0271
Order Earnings & Benefits Statement: 1.800.772.1213