The purpose of the Privacy Statement is to detail Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union’s practices for safeguarding personal financial information, and to inform account holders that they have the ability to “opt-out” of the information sharing process in certain cases. For the full content of our Privacy Statement please click here.
- Deposit Account
- Loan Account
- Credit Card
We will tell you the sources for nonpublic personal information we collect on our members. We will also inform you to what measures we take to secure that information.
We will also tell you what information we share with other entities. We will explain what your rights are, and how you can exercise them. If you share your account relationship with someone else, for example where you are a co-borrower or joint holder of a share draft account, we suggest that you share this information with each other to ensure that each of you are aware of our policy and your options.
We first define some terms.
Non public personal information means information about you that we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources such as telephone directories or government records. An affiliate is a company we own or control. A nonaffiliated third party is a company that is not an affiliate of ours. Opt out means a choice you can make to prevent certain sharing of information. We will explain how you can exercise this choice.
The Information That We Collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on your applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information about your transactions with nonaffiliated third parties
- Information from a consumer reporting agency
The Confidentiality, Security and Integrity of Your Nonpublic Personal Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. Nonpublic personal information accessible or transmitted over the Internet is protected using a secure SSL connection.
Nonpublic Personal Information and Nonaffiliated Third Parties
- Non public information we receive from you on an application or other form, such as:
- Social security number
You may opt out of the disclosure of the information listed above.
- We do not share this information about members who reside in Vermont.
- We do not share any information derived from deposit (share) relationships with us about members who reside in Mississippi.
- The only information we share about our members from Tennessee is name and address.
Types of Nonaffiliated Third Parties
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of nonaffiliated third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as
- Insurance agents
Future Nonaffiliated Third Party Disclosure
We also reserve the right to disclose the following additional nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties in the future:
- Nonpublic personal information about your transactions with us, such as
- Types of accounts
- Nonpublic personal information about your transactions with nonaffiliated third parties, such as
- Credit card usage
You may opt out of this disclosure of the information listed above.
We may disclose this nonpublic personal information with the nonaffiliated third parties listed under the heading Types of Nonaffiliated Third Parties, as well as the following additional nonaffiliated third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as
- Mortgage bankers
Nonpublic Information and Other Parties
We do not disclose your nonpublic personal information to anyone, except as permitted by law or as disclosed in this disclosure.
Nonpublic Personal Information and Former Members
We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about former members, except as permitted by law.
Your Right to Block the Disclosure of Your Nonpublic Personal Information
Nonaffiliated Third Parties. If you do not want us to share your nonpublic personal information with nonaffiliated third parties, you can block the release of certain nonpublic personal information. This is known as your right to “opt out.”
Your decision to block the disclosure of your nonpublic personal information will apply to all products and services you receive from us.
If you have a joint account, each participant of this account has a separate right to opt out. If one of you chooses to opt out of the disclosure of nonpublic personal information, and the other does not, only information regarding the party who does not opt out will be disclosed. Any participant on the account can opt out of the behalf of any other participant of the account.
If you wish to opt out of disclosures, you may do so by using the following methods:
- Contact the credit union at: Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union, 500 Enterprise Drive, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
- Click here to send us an e-mail expressing that you would not like us to share your nonpublic personal information with nonaffiliated third parties.
For a complete copy of this disclosure, call 860-513-5000 (local) or 1-800-526-6933 (nationwide).