Stay Protected with Contactless Payments
Taking advantage of technology to get things done has always been a staple of our lives, but now more than ever it’s essential to ensuring the health of yourself and those around you. If you haven’t already, be sure to read our COVID-19 Readiness Online Banking info—there you’ll find some useful tips for managing your accounts, payments and more from the safety of your home.
Should you need to go out for any reason and make an in-person transaction, however, rest assured that there are methods to prevent physical touch and protect your health. While wearing a mask is certainly a great idea during this time, it won’t stop you from touching surfaces—and potentially other people—when finalizing an in-person transaction. That’s where contactless mobile pay comes in.
By using your mobile device, mobile pay takes the physical exchange of a plastic debit or credit card out of in-person transactions. Here’s how it works:
- Mobile pay begins with your mobile “wallet,” which is essentially a digital wallet on your phone. Your mobile wallet is 100% secure and can contain your debit and credit card information. Popular mobile wallet services include Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay.
- When making an in-person transaction with mobile pay, all you need to do is open your mobile wallet, select your desired payment method and raise your device so it can be scanned by the terminal provided by the business. In this way, mobile pay transactions are completely free of physical contact and are especially safe in light of COVID-19.
- It’s important to remember that you can only conduct mobile pay transactions where the symbol below is displayed.
To learn more about mobile pay, click here. It’s easy to get started and will work with any of your Nutmeg debit or credit cards! Plus, mobile pay is faster, secure and far more convenient than other in-person payment methods.
Of course, there are other measures you can take to limit your amount of contact with business staff during transactions. Always consider:
- Ordering in advance online from your home
- Taking advantage of curbside pickup services
- Contactless delivery of meals, groceries and more
- Scheduling in-person appointments online
For other COVID-19 updates and more, visit our COVID-19 Resource Center.
Stay safe, stay healthy!