Checking & ATM/Debit Card
We designed our checking accounts to be very rewarding and easy to use. Choose your favorite and take advantage of all the great benefits they have to offer!
Be a Banking Genius with a checking account that pays you! Our More-Than-Free Checking account will help cover ATM costs and provide everything you’ll need to get started.
- Up to $4 per month in ATM rebates*
- 5 cents cash back on debit card purchases*
- ZERO monthly service charges or maintenance fees
- Overdraft Protection and ID Theft Protection (optional)
- No minimum balance requirements
- Free ATM transactions at all SUM and CO-OP Network ATMs
- Free ATM/Debit Card with EMV Chip Protection
- Free and convenient electronic services
*Must conduct 15 debit card transactions monthly in order to receive cash back or ATM fee refunds. There is a $4.00 cap for ATM refunds and a $15.00 cap on cash back. Qualified transactions must be debit card purchases over $50.00 in order to get cash back. ATM transactions do not qualify. Qualifying cash back transactions earn you $0.05 per transaction. Cash back amount of $0.05 is subject to change at any time. ATM transactions do not qualify for cash back purchases, but they do qualify for the fee rebate. Transactions must post to the account during the monthly statement cycle. This account requires you to sign up for free e-Banking, e-Statements and e-Alerts and have either free full direct deposit or at least two (2) ACH credits or debits post to your More-Than-Free Checking account during the monthly statement cycle. May be subject to 1099 reporting. Rewards and rebates will be paid on a per account basis.
Tired of all the paper involved with your checking account? Looking to get you or your child away from “old-fashioned” banking? Our Status Checking account is probably for you! Available exclusively for teens (ages 13-17) with a parent or guardian as a co-owner, this account is completely electronic, has no service fees and will help avoid overdrafts. Take a look at some of the benefits!
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service fees
- $200 daily limit on ATM/Debit Card
- Free ATM/Debit Card transactions at over 50,000 ATMs*
- Overdraft Protection from other CU accounts (limit six preauthorized transfers per month/per savings account, in accordance with Reg. D)**
- Access to e-Statements, e-Banking and e-Pay (no paper checks allowed)
- Free mobile banking services
- E-mail and text alerts
Click here to learn more about the Status Checking account.
*Terms and conditions may apply.
Included with our checking accounts are complimentary ATM/Debit Cards that can be used at any store that honors MasterCard®. The money you spend with your card will be treated like a credit card sale, but deducted directly from your checking account. Read about the advantages below:
- All-in-one MasterCard®, ATM and checkbook
- Free ATM/Debit transactions*
- Funds deducted directly from checking account after spending
- No annual fees or finance charges
- Safer and more convenient method of spending
- Useful wherever the MasterCard® symbol is displayed
To activate your debit card, please call the card activation number at 1.866.642.0450. This call must be placed from the telephone number we have listed on your account and will require the cardholder information on file. When calling, please stay on the line to select your four-digit PIN. If you experience difficulties with activation and PIN selection, please contact us for assistance.
*NSFCU cannot guarantee that other financial institutions will not impose a fee. ATM owners frequently charge convenience fees (often called ‘surcharges’) to non-customers who use their machines. Some products and services are subject to credit approval. To report a lost or stolen card, call 1.800.528.2273.