Card Upgrade Information
Please reference this page for card activation dates and other important information regarding all your cards.
In order to assist with your debit Card activation, our Contact Center will be open extended hours:
- Wednesday, 08.16 - 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, 08.17 - 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, 08.18 - 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, 08.19 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
What you need to know
- All credit and debit cards will now be provided through MasterCard®.
- All credit and debit cards will include EMV chip technology (please note that the non-debit, ATM-only cards will not have a chip).
- Phone activation instructions will be included with the card.
- Upon activation, you will be prompted to create a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for each debit and credit card. This is required at some EMV retail locations as well as for cash advances.
- You can use your new card at both magnetic stripe terminals and chip-enabled terminals.
- Please be aware all cards will have a new card number and expiration date. If you utilize your card for recurring monthly bill payments, please remember to notify any merchants when you receive your new card and card number.
- If you use Apple, Android or Samsung Pay, your new card information will need to be updated. These services will not be available until October 2017 (exact date TBD).
For more information on the card updates, click here for answers to some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
You will receive your new card by mail before the activation date. Please be sure to keep this in a secure place until the date listed below.
Debit Card Activation Date - August 16, 2017 - Your old card will be deactivated August 16, 2017. You can activate your new card and begin using it on or after August 16, 2017.
Credit Card Activation Date - September 18, 2017 - Your old card will be deactivated September 18, 2017. You can activate your new card and begin using it on or after September 18, 2017.
EMV Chip Security
EMV chip cards and PIN usage are more secure than signature-only transactions. You may notice you are required to use your PIN more frequently at retail locations, as retailers continue to adopt EMV technology.
You may receive text message and phone calls related to help authenticate transactions. Texts and phone calls are a fast and convenient way to provide real-time protection against fraud.
Coming soon, you can control your cards right from your mobile device with the MobiMoney App. Control card spending limits, turn cards on and off, and take advantage of other optional security features! Look for more information about our new MobiMoney App soon.