Our $tatus Checking Account provides all the benefits of a Checking account without all the paper. This Checking is available to teens (13-17) with a parent or guardian as a co-owner. The account is completely electronic, has no service fees, and will help avoid overdrafts.
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service fees
- ATM/Debit Card available ($200 daily limit)
- Free ATM/Debit transactions at over 40,000 ATMs*
- Overdraft protection from other CU accounts (limit of six preauthorized transfers per month/per savings account, in accordance with Reg. D)**
- Must enroll in e-Statements, e-Banking and e-Pay (No paper checks allowed)
- Free Mobile Banking (iPhone and Android app)
- e-Mail and Text Alerts
Get started on the right track with our $tatus Checking. This account will give you the freedom you need and the ability to begin managing your own finances. It will also give your parents the peace of mind of knowing that you are avoiding financial pitfalls and learning good money habits.
To open your account, call 860.513.5000 (local) or 1.800.526.6933 (nationwide). Or click here to send us an e-mail. SIGN UP FOR OUR ELECTRONIC BILL PAYER SERVICE, E-PAY TODAY AND SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND MONEY! For more information, click here. Find fee free ATM locations near you: click here for the SUM Network click here for the Co-Op Network.
*NSFCU cannot guarantee that other financial institutions will not impose a fee.
**There is a $5.00 charge per overdraft protection transfer.