Floating Member Service Specialist
Various Branch locations (Part-time & Full-Time openings)
The primary purpose of this position is to assist Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union in living out its service mission, “making a positive difference in our members’ lives.” To achieve this goal the employee must provide outstanding service to both internal and external members. A key component of this service is to provide our members with superior service in every transaction. As a Member Services Specialist, you are the most frequently seen face of the credit union. In fact, members may think of you when they think of Nutmeg, making your job one of the most important. The MSS is the front-line contact for new and existing members; provides exceptional member service to account inquiries. Incumbent must possess excellent customer service, organizational, communication, technical, and sales skills. In addition, effective communication with prospective and current members is required to represent Nutmeg State FCU in a positive and professional manner. This position will support all branch locations and the Contact Center team.
- Responsible for performing a broad variety of member services such as opening and closing new and existing accounts, renewing certificate accounts, Cross-selling consumer loans and assisting Members with bookkeeping and checking account problems.
- Performs all platform teller functions which includes; cash deposits and withdrawals, check deposits and withdrawals, money order sales, cashier's check sales, and record night/mail deposits.
- Actively cross-sells Nutmeg’s products and services by answering inquiries; informs members of new services and promotions; determines the members’ needs.
- Resolves member requests and questions promptly, courteously, and professionally.
- Performs file maintenance and account changes as necessary.
- Provides an excellent member experience by relating well to the member, proactively selling products and services that benefit the member, thinking and exercising sound judgment, and acting responsibly in the member's and the Credit Union's best interests.
- Accurately performs financial transactions and member inquiries in an accurate and timely manner.
- Travels among all eight branch locations as needed.
- Assists members calling main office with requests for general information on credit union programs, products, services, rates.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience.
- Previous experience handling heavy cash transactions as a teller or in a retail/sales/customer service environment.
- Prior experience in a financial/banking institution preferred.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of member services and Nutmeg’s products.
- Must value a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use manual and automated office equipment with business efficiency.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) with other employees and outside entities.
- Intellectual ability to learn all tasks related to reaching maximum proficiency in this position.
Reliable means of transportation required.
If you would like to join our team, click here to email your resume and salary requirements.
Due to the volume of interest we receive for each position, we regret that we are not able to respond to every inquiry. A representative from our Human Resources team will contact candidates via email whose experience and qualifications most closely match the requirements of the position.