Member Services Specialist (PT-entry level)
Various locations - frequent travel required
This position acts as front-line contact with members and provides an excellent experience by relating well to the member, proactively selling products and services that benefit the member, thinking and exercising sound judgment, and acting responsibly in the member's and the Credit Union's best interests. Performs all teller functions which includes; cash deposits and withdrawals, check deposits and withdrawals, money order sales, cashier's check sales, and record night/mail deposits. Additionally, this position plays an integral role in the execution of all technological product enhancements to the credit union’s membership base.
Requirements include a minimum of 1- 3 years’ experience in a sales/customer service environment with cash handling experience required. Must possess a positive attitude; excellent communication and sales skills; the availability to travel to any branch location and/or work extended hours, as needed; the aptitude to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; a high degree of accuracy and flexibility; and the ability to perform tasks with limited supervision. Must have a high degree of technical aptitude and must be able to communicate technical information to non-technical users. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Manchester Branch - 40 hours a week
This position will be responsible for performing a broad variety or member service tasks such as opening and closing new and existing accounts, cross-selling consumer loans and assisting members with monetary transactions. Handles all aspects of the consumer loan application process, including HELOC’s, mortgage loans and MLS. Actively cross-sells Nutmeg’s products and services by answering inquiries; informs members of new services and promotions; determines the members’ needs. Resolves member requests and questions promptly, courteously, and professionally and handles member escalations in the absence of the Senior Member Service Specialist or Branch Supervisor.
Requirements include 2-3 years of experience in a sales/customer service environment with cash handling experience required. An Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred. Prior experience in a financial/banking institution preferred. Strong organizational skills, the ability to exercise sound judgment and handle member escalations with professionalism and tact is required. Must have a high degree of technical aptitude and must be able to communicate technical information to non-technical users. Ability to deliver training to members that supports the use of technology in financial institutions. Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team-oriented environment.
Loan Sales Manager (FT- Rocky Hill)
Salary Range- $59,000-$88,600
To be successful in this role, incumbent will need to be fully effective with regards to meeting or exceeding sales production and member satisfaction service goals that will ultimately support the credit unions mission and strategic objectives of becoming a market leader in member experience and convenience. The Loan Sales Manager will be responsible for planning, monitoring and management of the daily activities of the sales team including but not limited to consumer/indirect loan production, mortgage production, and ancillary insurance and vehicle warranty products.
- Responsible for establishing and meeting departmental production goals, ancillary product sales goals, and cross-selling goals.
- Responsible for overall market and financial performance of NSFCU’s credit and debit card programs with accountability for meeting annual objectives. Formulates, economically justifies, and executes strategic and tactical plans for increasing member penetration and revenue growth through improved cardholder acquisition, activation, credit line utilization's, and retention rates.
- Oversees centralized sales operations to ensure that loans and requests are processed within a timely manner, making recommendations for continuous process improvements.
- Develops and implements new products and product enhancements through analyzing product portfolio performance, consumer behavior and preferences, competitive best practices, and long term growth strategies.
- Actively participates in developing and recommending promotional strategies.
- Ensures all loan procedures and guidelines are adhered to.
- Create, maintain and monitor all loan production reports daily, weekly, and monthly to maximize loan volume, operational efficiency, and compliance.
- Provides supervision, guidance, coaching, recognition, motivation and training to the sales team. Coaches the sales team to provide creative solutions to members’ financial needs.
- Oversees the consistency and execution of superior member experience within the sales team.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in management role in a sales/retail or banking environment required.
- NMLS Required.
- Strong background in sales and sales management practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of lending fundamentals, products and procedures, and loan servicing.
- Knowledge and understanding of mortgage lending fundamentals, products and procedures, and mortgage loan servicing.
- Proven ability to achieve aggressive sales targets.
- Ability to interact with Credit Union members and offer superior member service.
- Strong analytical skills necessary to evaluate loan & product profitability trends required.
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to meet strict production deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to acquire a thorough working knowledge of Nutmeg State FCU’s core data processing system.
- Thorough knowledge of the Credit Union’s products and services.
- Notary Public required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $59,000.00 to $88,600.00 /year
- Management: 3 years
Required licenses or certifications:
Click here to email your resume.