Member Experience Specialist (Full Time, Entry Level)
Contact Center- Rocky Hill, CT
The Member Experience Specialist is responsible for answering incoming member and/or non-member calls in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner while providing excellent member service. The Member Experience Specialist will serve as an information resource to members and non-members and possesses a thorough knowledge of products, service, policies and procedures and handles all inquiries effectively.
Requirements include a minimum of 1 year experience in financial services or call center; a positive attitude; organized and a strong ability to trouble-shoot problems. The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and flexibility is required. Ability to use manual and automated office equipment with business efficiency. Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) with other employees and outside entities. Intellectual ability to learn all tasks related to reaching maximum proficiency in this position.\
Member Service Specialist (Full Time, Entry Level)
New Britain Branch
This position acts as front-line contact with members, provides information and services concerning member accounts, recognizes sales opportunities and effectively cross-sells products and services to build member relationships.
Requirements include a minimum of 2 years of financial/retail services experience; a positive attitude; excellent communication and sales skills; the availability to travel to any branch location and/or work extended hours, as needed; the aptitude to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; a high degree of accuracy and flexibility; and the ability to perform tasks with limited supervision. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Floating Member Service Specialist
Various Branch locations (Part-time & Full-Time openings)
The primary purpose of this position is to assist Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union in living out its service mission, “making a positive difference in our members’ lives.” To achieve this goal the employee must provide outstanding service to both internal and external members. A key component of this service is to provide our members with superior service in every transaction. As a Member Services Specialist, you are the most frequently seen face of the credit union. In fact, members may think of you when they think of Nutmeg, making your job one of the most important. The MSS is the front-line contact for new and existing members; provides exceptional member service to account inquiries. Incumbent must possess excellent customer service, organizational, communication, technical, and sales skills. In addition, effective communication with prospective and current members is required to represent Nutmeg State FCU in a positive and professional manner. This position will support all branch locations and the Contact Center team.
- Responsible for performing a broad variety of member services such as opening and closing new and existing accounts, renewing certificate accounts, Cross-selling consumer loans and assisting Members with bookkeeping and checking account problems.
- Performs all platform teller functions which includes; cash deposits and withdrawals, check deposits and withdrawals, money order sales, cashier's check sales, and record night/mail deposits.
- Actively cross-sells Nutmeg’s products and services by answering inquiries; informs members of new services and promotions; determines the members’ needs.
- Resolves member requests and questions promptly, courteously, and professionally.
- Performs file maintenance and account changes as necessary.
- Provides an excellent member experience by relating well to the member, proactively selling products and services that benefit the member, thinking and exercising sound judgment, and acting responsibly in the member's and the Credit Union's best interests.
- Accurately performs financial transactions and member inquiries in an accurate and timely manner.
- Travels among all eight branch locations as needed.
- Assists members calling main office with requests for general information on credit union programs, products, services, rates.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience.
- Previous experience handling heavy cash transactions as a teller or in a retail/sales/customer service environment.
- Prior experience in a financial/banking institution preferred.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of member services and Nutmeg’s products.
- Must value a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use manual and automated office equipment with business efficiency.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) with other employees and outside entities.
- Intellectual ability to learn all tasks related to reaching maximum proficiency in this position.
Floating Branch Manager
Various Branch Locations (2 Full-Time Openings)
Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union, one of the largest credit unions in Connecticut – a member-owned, not-for-profit, financial cooperative – is hiring a Floating Branch Manager to support all branch locations. We are seeking individuals who have demonstrated success in developing a highly effective sales team of employees to their highest potential through coaching and leadership. This is a management position which is very customer-centric and service oriented. A key component of this service is to identify the financial needs of the members and recommend appropriate credit union solutions. Additionally, this position manages and maintains the overall operations of the Branches. Any candidates who are hired without prior branch management experience will receive training to become thoroughly familiar with the credit unions products and services – to ensure that all credit union policies and procedures are practiced in accordance with regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience. 3 - 5 years of experience in management role in a sales/retail or banking environment.
- Strong background in sales and sales management practices.
- Strong analytical skills necessary to evaluate credit requests.
- Ability to acquire a thorough working knowledge of Nutmeg’s core data processing system, products and services.
- Thorough knowledge in human resource issues, including management and progressive discipline.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory, policy and compliance issues.
- Reliable means of transportation required for frequent travel among all branch locations.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to use manual and automated office equipment with business efficiency. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Must have or obtain Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) number to act as a mortgage loan originator.
- Notary public preferred.
Reliable means of transportation required.
Responsibilities listed reflect general responsibilities of these positions and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties. Other duties may be performed as needed.
Nutmeg State FCU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/D/V
If you would like to join our team, click here to email your resume and salary requirements.
Due to the volume of interest we receive for each position, we regret that we are not able to respond to every inquiry. A representative from our Human Resources team will contact candidates via email whose experience and qualifications most closely match the requirements of the position.