Become a Volunteer
Volunteer Opportunities Overview
Credit unions and not-for-profit organizations are unique because they are owned by their members and guided by volunteers. At Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union, our volunteers play an important role in our continued growth and success. We’re always looking for dedicated members of the credit union to help serve in a variety of volunteer positions.
Active and enthusiastic volunteers are needed to maintain our progressive values as a credit union. Volunteers also serve without monetary compensation, but are granted the benefits of:
- Personal satisfaction realized by aiding fellow members
- Assuming the important role of maintaining competition in the financial services marketplace
- Adopting and nurturing our philosophy of “people helping people”
- Gaining new skills through continuous education and experience in the credit union environment
Volunteering at Nutmeg requires personal integrity, a commitment of time and a desire to serve. Some of our basic volunteer expectations include:
- A belief in the credit union philosophy
- A willingness to attend meetings and participate
- An understanding of basic business concepts (or the desire to learn more about them)
- A collaborative, team-player mindset
- Acting in accordance with the interests of our members and the goals of the credit union
Board of Directors Overview
Nutmeg’s Board of Directors ensures that all credit union policies and operations are followed in a safe and secure manner. This includes establishing and monitoring the credit union’s strategy, keeping the member experience as a top priority, being responsible for the actions of the credit union and more. Board members dedicate themselves to Nutmeg’s long-term viability by overseeing operations and making decisions in the best interest of both the credit union and the membership.
Supervisory Committee Overview
Nutmeg’s Supervisory Committee promotes the financial well-being of the credit union through the prompt preparation of accounting records and reports. The committee ensures the effectiveness of internal checks and balances, the adherence to established policies and the general safety of all credit union operations.