Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union (NSFCU) is a member owned, not-for-profit, financial cooperative. As such, we practice the philosophy of returning profits to members (where profits belong). These profits come to you in the form of excellent rates, programs and services. Founded in 1936, NSFCU has grown to be one of the largest credit unions in the country. Growth has been steady, but NSFCU has never deviated from its original premise: to offer the finest rates and services while maintaining financial stability. Those principles have served us well over the years.
You can benefit from the credit union difference. NSFCU membership is open to you if you:
- Attend school or
in Hartford County, Middlesex County, Tolland County or New Haven County Connecticut as well as the towns of Shelton, Stratford and Bridgeport, Connecticut.
Membership is also open to:
- Spouses of Current Members
- Immediate Family of Current Members
- Employees of the Credit Union
A minimum $5.00 deposit and a completed membership application are required to open a Share Savings Account. With this deposit, you become a member/owner of NSFCU. Once a member, always a member, and regardless of where you live or work, you can retain your membership provided you maintain an open savings account with a $5.00 deposit. We welcome you to become a credit union member. If you would like to join there are several choices available:
- Click here to apply online
- Click here to e-mail us
- Or call us at 860.513.5000 (local) or 800.526.6933 (nationwide)
Our feature products and services include:
- Low-Rate Personal Loans and Credit Cards
- e-Pay - Electronic Bill Payer
- Low-Rate Mortgage and Home Equity Loans
- Up to 100% Financing on New or Used Vehicles
- Free Checking
- High-yield Savings and Money Market Accounts
- ATM/Debit Cards
- Direct Deposit & Payroll Deduction
- Nutmeg State Insurance Benefits LLC
And much more. Call 860.513.5000 (local) or 1.800.526.6933 (nationwide) for a complete list of our products and services.
We look forward to serving you!