The primary purpose of this position is to assist Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union in living out its service mission, “making a positive difference in our members’ lives.” To achieve this goal the employee must provide outstanding service to both internal and external members. To be successful in this role, the incumbent will need to be fully effective with regards to meeting or exceeding assigned production and service level goals that will ultimately support the credit unions mission and strategic objectives of becoming a market leader with regards to member experience and convenience. Must also have the ability to transition seamlessly through various applications and be proficient with sales and loan interviewing techniques. Essential functions include:
- Meet or exceed established sales and services goals as defined by management. Must actively look for opportunities to increase loan volume as well as new accounts, and ancillary products and services.
- Review all loan officer work lists daily to actively target pending loan applications so that we will fund all applications within 24 hours or less.
- Serves as an information resource to members and non-members and possesses a thorough knowledge of products, services, policies and procedures, to handle all inquiries effectively.
- Actively opens accounts, loads loans, and disburses loans.
- Effectively cross-sells Nutmeg State’s products and services and participates in achieving established service and productivity goals.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the credit union’s Consumer Lending Policies and Procedures, and a good working knowledge of all ancillary insurance products.
- Obtain consumer loan credit reports and actively look for and offer members opportunities to save money.
- Maintain and follow up pending loan applications to assure completeness and timelines of processing and funding of loans. Ensure quick turnaround of loan applications.
- Assist Loan Officers in facilitating loan closings (coordinate tracking of documents and/or information), contact, and dealers, obtain insurance binders, and fund loans.
- Handle incoming loan questions from members and non-members and assist them with finding the right loan products to meet their needs.
- In addition to the sales team, position will have primary focus on working with home equity products.
- Must obtain or will obtain the NMLS license.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must possess high degree of accuracy and be mentally alert, punctual, cooperative, a team player, and have good member service skills.
- Ability to use manual and automated office equipment with business efficiency.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) with other employees and outside entities.
Intellectual ability to learn all tasks related to reaching maximum proficiency in this position.
Branch Manager- New Britain Branch
Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union, one of the largest credit unions in Connecticut – a member-owned, not-for-profit, financial cooperative – is hiring a Branch Manager for its New Britain branch location. We are seeking individuals who have demonstrated success in developing a highly effective sales team of employees to their highest potential through coaching and leadership. This is a management position which is very customer-centric and service oriented. A key component of this service is to identify the financial needs of the members and recommend appropriate credit union solutions. Additionally, this position manages and maintains the overall operations of the Branch. Any candidates who are hired without prior branch management experience will receive training to become thoroughly familiar with the credit unions products and services – to ensure that all credit union policies and procedures are practiced in accordance with regulations.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience; 3 – 5 years of experience in management role in a sales/retail or banking environment; Strong analytical skills necessary to evaluate credit request; Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications; Thorough knowledge of human resources issues, including management and progressive discipline. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Member Experience Specialist
The Member Experience Specialist is responsible for answering incoming member and/or non-member calls in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner while providing excellent member service. The Member Experience Specialist will serve as an information resource to members and non-members and possesses a thorough knowledge of products, service, policies and procedures and handles all phone inquiries effectively.
Requirements include a minimum of 1 year experience in financial services or call center; a positive attitude; organized and a strong ability to trouble-shoot problems. The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and flexibility is required. Ability to use manual and automated office equipment with business efficiency. Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) with other employees and outside entities. Intellectual ability to learn all tasks related to reaching maximum proficiency in this position. Spanish speaking desired.
Member Service Specialist (Part Time)
The Member Services Specialist acts as front-line contact with members, providing information concerning their various accounts, recognizes sales opportunities and effectively cross-sells products/services to build member relationships.Desired Skills and Experience
Requirements include a minimum of 2 years experience in financial services; a positive attitude; excellent communication and sales skills; the availability to travel to any branch location and/or work extended hours, as needed; the aptitude to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; a high degree of accuracy and flexibility; and the ability to perform tasks with limited supervision. Locations include traditional branches, in-store branch locations and our Contact Center.
Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you would like to join our team, click here to email your resume and salary requirements.
Due to the volume of interest we receive for each position, we regret that we are not able to respond to every inquiry. A representative from our Human Resources team will contact candidates via email whose experience and qualifications most closely match the requirements of the position.