- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- July 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
Author Archives: jarnone
Pay Off Your Mortgage in Just 8 to 12 Years! Find Out How. With our Homeowners Express mortgage, you can own your home in 8 to 12 years.
- Refinance your mortgage from another lender
- Maximum loan-to-value of 75%
- As low as 3.29% APR* up to 8 year mortgages
- As low as 3.49% APR up to 12 year mortgages
BEST OF ALL… There's no closing costs or application fees!Click here to apply. If you are new to Nutmeg, we must first open your account. Click here to begin. Want to see how much refinancing with Homeowners Express can save you? Click here to use our Home Loan Analysis to find out how much you can save. For questions or more information, click here to send us an e-mail or call 860.513.5000 to speak to a loan representative.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. The APR and monthly payment for your loan request will be based on your credit score and other factors. Your actual rate may be higher than the advertised rate depending on your credit score. Subject to credit approval. Payoff existing mortgage balances. No cash out. Minimum loan amount of $25,000. Maximum loan amount of $375,000. New money only. Existing NSFCU first mortgage loans are not eligible. Maximum loan-to-value of 75%. Eligible properties are single family detached owner occupied homes, condominiums and planned unit developments in Connecticut. Other terms and conditions may apply. We are an equal opportunity lender. Sample monthly payment per $1,000 borrowed for 96 months at 3.29% APR = $11.86, and per $1,000 borrowed for 144 months at 3.49% APR = $8.51.
Important Reminder for Using Your Credit and Debit Cards Debit Card Fraud Alert: Fraud activity has been identified in Hartford county at gas stations, package stores, pharmacies and convenience stores. For this reason, we wanted to take a minute to remind you to be vigilant about monitoring your credit and debit card activity. You can minimize your risk by making it more difficult for identity thieves to access your personal information.
- Review each credit or debit card purchase in detail and check your monthly statement.
- Start your day knowing how much money is in your account.
- We recommend you set up e-Alerts including account balance alerts and transaction alerts. To do this, login into e-Banking, click on the e-Branch drop down and choose e-Alerts. You can have these alerts sent to your phone, e-mail address or both.
- Check your account virtually anytime, anywhere by downloading our mobile app.
- For added protection when using your debit card, elect to use your PIN over signature if possible.
2016 – Our Focus Is Technology In 2015, we changed from a federal charter to a state charter, introduced new products like EMV and Apple Pay to make it safer and easier for you to bank with us, and began preparing for one of the biggest undertakings the credit union will ever go through – a major upgrade to our internal and member facing technologies. As we enter 2016, our focus is on technology and making it easy for you to transact business with us regardless of which delivery channel you choose (a branch, e-banking, e-pay, mobile banking, etc.). In the beginning of the year, we will launch our new Web site. The new site will make it easier for you to navigate through our pages and find the information you need whether from a computer or any mobile device. In the summer of 2016, we will undergo one of our greatest system updates in the history of the organization. The credit union will change to a brand new core processing system. In addition to streamlining your accessibility and providing additional security measures that ensure the continued protection of your information, you will also experience better processes for completing electronic transactions, opening new accounts, and applying for loans on-line. Our e-Banking, Voiceline, and mobile app platforms will be upgraded and made even easier to use. All of your account information including your account numbers will remain the same. Any recurring and automatic deposits and payments will be processed as scheduled. As we transition to these new changes, we will be providing you with more detailed information on the changes. As always, next year we will continue to participate in many community and cultural events throughout the state. We look forward to bringing our Mobile Branch out on the road again. We want to be where our members are and take pride in being part of the communities that we serve. If you have suggestions for events to attend, please let us know. We are always looking for more ways to participate in our communities. We are excited about the technological changes that we have planned for you in 2016. We believe that these changes are necessary for us to continue to adapt to the constantly changing banking environment. As always, we thank you for your allowing us to help you with all of your financial needs. Your membership is an essential part of our success. On behalf of the Board of Directors and Nutmeg employees, we wish you, your family, and friends a happy and healthy new year! Sincerely, John Holt President & CEO
Introducing More Ways to Pay Your Loans Online! More Ways to Pay! Paying your Nutmeg loans has never been easier. In addition to paying from your Nutmeg Accounts, you can also now pay from other financial institutions. Click here to login to e-Banking to pay from your Nutmeg Account Click here to pay from an outside financial institution Paying from an outside institution is free, safe and secure. Payments take 1-2 business days (weekends and holidays not included). The process to set up a payment is easy. Click here for instructions. Please note these other frequently asked questions about making a payment from an outside institution:
- Payments can be made to most loans accounts (payments to first mortgages or credit card payments is not possible). Maximum payment amount is $2000.
- Scheduled payments can be made up to 15 calendar days in advance.
- Scheduled payments cannot be set to automatically recur at this time.
- Scheduled payments can only be set up for regular business days, you will be prompted to choose another date if you choose a weekend or holiday.
- Scheduled payments will apply to your loan within 1 business day after the scheduled date. For instance, a payment scheduled for a Friday will not be applied to the loan until Monday. Please be sure to allow for extra time when scheduling in advance.
VISA Credit Card EMV Chip-Enabled Cards As you may have heard by now, all credit card issuers are required to begin issuing EMV (Europay, MasterCard, VISA) chip-enabled cards. Beginning September 24th, 2015 all new VISA Credit Cards include the EMV chip. This includes all naturally reissued cards, lost/stolen cards, and cards reissued for any other reason. The EMV chip technology allows for added layers of security at the point of sale. EMV credit cards are the new industry standard and are more widely accepted when traveling internationally. The EMV chip technology allows cardholders to pay 3 different ways.
- Swipe your card: If a merchant is not EMV ready, swipe the card as usual with the magnetic strip.
- Insert into the chip reader: Insert the chip portion with the chip facing up. Leave the card in the terminal while completing the transaction. Follow the on-screen terminal prompts. When the transaction is complete you will be prompted to remove your card. Don’t leave it behind!
- Or, Use Pay Wave technology: If a merchant accepts VISA® Pay Wave, you simply wave your card in front of the contactless device and transaction information is submitted.
Our Student Choice Program Helps Students Borrow at Low Rates! Our Student Choice program helps college and university students pay for their education related expenses. Our program offers an Undergraduate Line of Credit and a Private Loan Consolidation option. Our private student loan solution:
- Helps fill the funding gap that exists after lower-cost sources of aid have been exhausted.
- Offers lower rates than many other lenders.
- Allows for fully deferred payment while you're in school.
- Is structured as a Line-of-Credit (LOC), which you can then use over multiple years.
- Offers flexible repayment options resulting in lower initial payments after graduation.
- Gives you the chance to reduce your interest rate by 0.25% during full repayment when you enroll in automatic payment.
Apple Pay for Nutmeg Credit & Debit Cards Apple Pay is available for Nutmeg Debit and Credit Cards! You can use Apple devices to securely make purchases from your phone without using your card! Apple Pay can be accessed in the Passbook App and be used safely, securely and conveniently on your iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 and Apple Watch. Use it to pay for your everyday purchases at your favorite establishments, click here for a list of common providers. The technology allows you to use your credit or debit cards without having to physically hand them to a cashier. Retailers only receive transaction-specific codes to process your payment and you never have to share your card information with retail staff. How to Use Apple Pay in Participating Stores: 1. Look for the Pay Wave® or Apple Pay symbol at checkout and hold your phone near the contact-less reader.
2. Place your finger on the Touch ID™. Or, you may need to enter a pass code and sign a receipt.
3. Keep your phone by the reader until it vibrates and beeps, indicating your payment was accepted.
Making payments with Apple Pay is easy and secure. The entire transaction is secure, as your credit and debit card numbers aren't stored on the device and are not shared with the merchant.
Setting up your cards is easy. Click here for setup instructions. If you are prompted to call to verify your card, please call 1.800.526.6933 during our Contact Center hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.