Author Archives: jarnone
Earn 4.99% APY with First Choice Checking – Now Available! Our First Choice Checking is designed for our members who want to earn interest on their Checking account balances. Take advantage of 4.99% APY* interest on checking balances up to $10,000.00 and 0.01% APY for balances greater than $10,000.00. In order to receive monthly interest bonus, you must have a Debit Card and be enrolled in e-Statements. Plus, you must also have any 2 of the following:
- VISA® Credit Card
- Consumer Loan
- Money Market, IRA or Share Certificate
- ID Theft Program
- At least 12 debit card transactions per month
- At least 7 electronic transactions – ACH, e-Pay, e-Banking, Direct Deposit
- 0.25% APY increase on new and renewed certificates (minimum 1 year)
- 0.50% APR discount on new consumer loans
- Member Referral Program – We’ll give you $25 when you refer a friend or family member to the credit union
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. In order to receive the interest bonus on the First Choice Checking accountholder must have a debit card and be enrolled in e-Statements; plus have 2 of the following: A consumer loan (VISA® or Moneyline Line of Credit must have $1000.00 balance or greater at end of calendar month to qualify), a mortgage, a Money Market account, IRA or Share Certificate, or be enrolled in the ID Theft program; plus perform 1 of the following: At least 12 debit card transactions per month or at least 7 electronic transactions – can include ACH, e-Pay, e-Banking, or Direct Deposit. Qualified transactions must post to the account during the monthly statement cycle. If each of these requirements is met at the end of the month, the interest bonus will be deposited at the beginning of the following month. Interest will be calculated based on the average daily balance method and will be paid at the rate of 4.99% APY for balances up to $10,000.00 and 0.01% APY for balances greater than $10,000.00. May be subject to 1099 reporting. Rewards and rebates will be paid on a per account basis. Only one account per member number. Rates are determined by the Board of Directors and are subject to change at any time without notice. Other terms and conditions may apply. Cannot be combined with any other special offers. Nutmeg State Federal Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Our e-Banking Has Been Upgraded! We're Upgrading Our e-Banking Service! In our effort to continue providing the latest technology, we have upgraded our e-Banking service. When you sign in, you will not only notice a new look, but you also notice that the site is easier to navigate. Please see below for a sample of the new design. Upgrades include:
- You now have the convenient option to reset your password at any time if you become locked out.
- You can now reset or unlock security questions by requesting a by-pass code 24/7 instead of having to contact a service representative.
- Problem solving is easier and faster when using the secure messaging service because you will be able to send attachments like picture files or PDFs.
VISA Balance Transfer Special – Transfer and Save!
Transfer & SaveSave money when you transfer balances from your high rate credit cards to our VISA® Credit Card. Take advantage of our low balance transfer rate of 1.99%APR*. Call 1.800.654.7728 or log in to e-Banking to transfer your balances now. Click here to calculate how much money you will save by transferring your balances. Don't have a card yet? Applying is easy. Click here for a printable application, call 860.513.5000 or visit any of our branches.
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Transfer from one or more high interest rate credit cards to our low rate credit card. $500 minimum balance transfer required. Promotional rates are good for 6 months from the date of each individual transfer during the promotional period. Highest interest debt will be paid first. Balance Transfer promotional period runs from 05.15.2014-01.31.2015. There are no balance transfer fees. Balance transfers post as a cash advance. Rates are good on new balances from other financial institutions only, for both existing cardholder accounts and new accounts. New money only. Offer valid for accounts in good standing only. No delinquency, late payments or charge-off accounts. All applications are subject to credit approval. We are an equal opportunity lender. Nutmeg State Federal Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Refer Family and Friends and You’ll Both Get Paid! Tell your family and friends about all the benefits of banking with Nutmeg, and we'll give you both $25! Refer up to four different people get paid each time. The process is simple. If you refer someone who opens a Checking account with full Direct Deposit and e-Statements. Be sure to use this form so we know who to pay, click here to print copies.
Lunch and Learn Financial Workshops Lunch and Learn Financial Workshops Good financial education leads to good financial decision-making. That's why we offer FREE onsite financial workshops to our local Business partners. We can provide your company with quick, effective Lunch and Learn training sessions, designed to help you improve your financial life…all while you have lunch. There are no sales pitches, just information on topics that matter to you, like:
- Identity Theft: Who's in your Wallet?
- Unlocking the Path to Buying a Home
- Solving the Mystery of Credit Reporting
- Financial Peace of Mind: How to Build a Basic Budget
- The Benefits of Nutmeg State Federal Credit Union
Savings Challenge – Save Each Week and Enter to Win! Deposit each week into your Savings Challenge Account and be entered to win 2 prizes for $250. Save in increasing increments ($1 week 1, $2 week 2, etc) for the whole year, and by the end of the year, you'll have $1,378! We'll even enter you to win one of 2 $250 prizes. The first drawing will be on June 30, 2014 and the second on December 1, 2014*. Use this special Savings Challenge sheet to help track your increasing deposits. If you are not yet a member, click here to open your new accounts. *No purchase necessary to enter to win. All Savings Challenge account holders are eligible to enter drawings. Account must be opened before June 30, 2014 to enter to win the first drawing and by December 1, 2014 to enter to win the second drawing. Entry is automatic when Savings Challenge account is opened and funded. Offer can be withdrawn and discontinued at any time without notice. Other terms and conditions may apply.
New FREE Nutmeg ATMs are Being Added All the Time! We’re always looking to add more free Nutmeg ATMs! Most recently, we added one at Lincoln Technical Institute in East Windsor (97 Newberry Road)! For a complete list of our ATM locations, click here. Additionally, through our partnerships with the SUM and Co-Op Networks, we offer access to over 40,000 free ATMs across the country. Click here for the SUM Network Click here for the CO-Op Network We’re happy to offer you even greater accessibility to free ATM locations and will continue to look for ways to better serve you.
Overpaying on Auto Loans from Other Lenders? Find Out How to Save. Do you have an auto loan with another lender? We may be able to help lower your monthly payment and save you money in interest. Click here to complete the Auto Loan Savings Analysis and you’ll be on your way to savings. Simply answer a few easy questions about your current auto loan, click submit and a credit union representative will be in touch. If you have questions about this service call us at 860.513.5000 or click here to send us an e-mail.
Important Information about the Target Security Breach Target has notified the public of a credit and debit card data breach across the United States. The breach occurred between November 27, 2013 and December 15, 2013 for purchases made inside Target stores. If you shopped Target online, you will not be affected. If you used your Nutmeg credit or debit card between the dates listed, you may have been affected. Please monitor your account closely. If you see any unusual or unauthorized activity on our account, notify us immediately. Contact us at 1.800.526.6933 or 860.513.5000. The credit union has multiple systems in place to monitor fraudulent activity, but we encourage you to closely monitor your accounts if you shopped at Target during these dates. We also have an Identity Theft Recovery Program in place for members in the event that identity theft occurs. Members who are protected by this program receive a personal Recovery Advocate. The Recovery Advocate assigned to your case will:
- provide a customized recovery plan within 72 hours
- alert the three major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion)
- work with all necessary government and law enforcement agencies
- complete all forms and follow-up on your behalf
Our School Banking & Education Program Can Help Your Kids With nearly 20% of Americans living beyond their means, at Nutmeg State Federal Credit Union, we believe that learning the fundamentals of financial responsibility is the most important step in building future wealth and avoiding financial pitfalls. It has been shown that teaching financial education to students at a young age generates greater money-management skills that carry well into adulthood. To make sure that students are receiving the financial educated they need, we have developed a School Banking Program focused on saving, budgeting and the basics of borrowing. We have also have programs designed to teach students about:
- Checking Accounts (Check writing, balancing, debit cards)
- Setting Priorities – Needs versus wants
- Debit versus Credit
- Understanding Credit
- Online Banking basics
- Identity Theft & Protection
Borrowing Has Never Been Easier! Borrowing has never been easier! Not only can you apply for your loans online, but now you can also sign them electronically. Complete a loan from start to finish without ever having to wait for paper mail or having to visit a branch. Signing a loan electronically is safe, secure and easy. When it comes time to sign for your loan, an encrypted email is sent for you to sign electronically. Most loans can now be signed electronically (excludes home loans). Click here to learn more about all our loans. Contact us anytime for more information. Click here to email us or call 1.800.526.6933 or 860.513.5000.
Our Mobile Branch Visits Businesses, Schools and Community Events Interested in having the Mobile Branch visit your business, school or community event? SCHEDULE A VISIT TODAY! We're more than happy to bring our banking services to you, we'd love to work with you. Please click here to schedule a visit today! Or call 860.513.5000 or 800.526.6933 to learn more about how we can serve your company or school.
FREE Business Checking! And MUCH More… We have everything your business needs. FREE Business Checking* Our Business Checking Account offers:
- No minimum balance fee
- No monthly maintenance fee
- No Deposited Check Item Fee
- Debit Card available
- Full e-Banking and Mobile Banking access
- Free paperless e-Statements
- $25 credit on first order of checks
- Convenient access to your funds
- Business Loans with flexible terms
- Business Lines of Credit (for working capital)
- Financing available for Commercial Real Estate, Equipment and Machinery
- Earn dividends on your Business Savings
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Full e-Banking and Mobile Banking access
- 401k and other retirement programs are available
- Health Savings Accounts for Employees
- Minimum balance of only $1,000 to earn dividends
- Full e-Banking and Mobile Banking access
- FREE e-Deposits – Deposit checks remotely and avoid a trip to a branch
- FREE e-Statements – Access an electronic version of your statement that you can view and print right from your computer
- Online check imaging - View, print and save electronic images of the checks you write
- FREE e-Banking – Manage your account online
- FREE e-Pay – Pay all your bills online securely and at no cost to you
- Credit Card Acceptance – Accept payments via VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover
- Debit Card Acceptance – Accept PIN-based and signature-based debit transactions