Author Archives: jarnone
e-Pay Upgrade Coming Soon – November 5 & 6 We will soon be upgrading e-Pay, our online bill pay service. This upgrade will not only have an updated look and be easier to use, it will also include several new features designed to improve the user experience. Updates include:
- More flexibility with scheduling payments
- The option to pay a bill faster
- Ability to modify automatic payments easier
- New and improved customized alerts
- Enhanced member support system
Fall Home Improvements Just in Time for Winter For many homeowners fall is a time to get ready for winter by improving the energy efficiency of their homes with new windows, updated insulation or a new energy-efficient heating system. For most homeowners, borrowing with home equity loans is a great way to finance home repairs and improvements, as well as for other personal expenses. Click here to learn more about Home Equity Loans and Home Equity Lines of Credit. If you are improving the energy performance of your home, you may qualify for a Smart-E Loan. Click here to find out more about our Smart-E Loan program.
Earn 4.99% APY with First Choice Checking! Our First Choice Checking is designed for our members who want to earn interest on their Checking account balances. Take advantage of 4.99% APY* interest on checking balances up to $10,000.00 and 0.01% APY for balances greater than $10,000.00. In order to receive monthly interest bonus, you must have a Debit Card and be enrolled in e-Statements. Plus, you must also have any 2 of the following:
- VISA® Credit Card
- Consumer Loan
- Money Market, IRA or Share Certificate
- ID Theft Program
- At least 12 debit card transactions per month
- At least 7 electronic transactions – ACH, e-Pay, e-Banking, Direct Deposit
- 0.25% APY increase on new and renewed certificates (minimum 1 year)
- 0.50% APR discount on new consumer loans
- Member Referral Program – We’ll give you $25 when you refer a friend or family member to the credit union
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. In order to receive the interest bonus on the First Choice Checking accountholder must have a debit card and be enrolled in e-Statements; plus have 2 of the following: A VISA® Credit Card, consumer loan, a mortgage, a qualified savings product (Money Market account, IRA or Share Certificate), or be enrolled in the ID Theft program (VISA® or Moneyline Line of Credit must have $1000.00 balance or greater at end of calendar month to qualify); plus perform 1 of the following: At least 12 debit card transactions per month or at least 7 electronic transactions – can include ACH, e-Pay, e-Banking, or Direct Deposit. Qualified transactions must post to the account during the monthly statement cycle. If each of these requirements is met at the end of the month, the interest bonus will be deposited at the beginning of the following month. Interest will be calculated based on the average daily balance method and will be paid at the rate of 4.99% APY for balances up to $10,000.00 and 0.01% APY for balances greater than $10,000.00. May be subject to 1099 reporting. Rewards and rebates will be paid on a per account basis. Only one account per member number. Rates are determined by the Board of Directors and are subject to change at any time without notice. Other terms and conditions may apply. Nutmeg State Federal Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
VISA Balance Transfer Special – Transfer and Save!
Transfer & SaveSave money when you transfer balances from your high rate credit cards to our VISA® Credit Card. Take advantage of our low balance transfer rate of 1.99%APR*. Call 1.800.654.7728 or log in to e-Banking to transfer your balances now. Click here to calculate how much money you will save by transferring your balances. Don't have a card yet? Applying is easy. Click here for a printable application, call 860.513.5000 or visit any of our branches.
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Transfer from one or more high interest rate credit cards to our low rate credit card. $500 minimum balance transfer required. Promotional rates are good for 6 months from the date of each individual transfer during the promotional period. Highest interest debt will be paid first. Balance Transfer promotional period runs from 05.15.2014-01.31.2015. There are no balance transfer fees. Balance transfers post as a cash advance. Rates are good on new balances from other financial institutions only, for both existing cardholder accounts and new accounts. New money only. Offer valid for accounts in good standing only. No delinquency, late payments or charge-off accounts. All applications are subject to credit approval. We are an equal opportunity lender. Nutmeg State Federal Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Information About the Home Depot Data Breach The Home Depot data breach involving credit and debit card information continues to be in the news as more and more instances of fraud occur around the country. Click here for more information released by Home Depot. This is a good time to remind members to always be vigilant and pay attention to your statement, check online banking and if you notice any suspicious activity report it immediately. We continually monitor for fraudulent activity and will alert you if any is identified. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 1.800.526.6933 or email us anytime.
Black Friday Special Offers Join us this Black Friday, November 28, 2014. We will be offering several EXTRA special promotions. Whether you are a spender or a saver, we will have an awesome special for you. Stay tuned for more information!
Refer Family and Friends and You’ll Both Get Paid! Tell your family and friends about all the benefits of banking with Nutmeg, and we'll give you both $25! Refer up to four different people get paid each time. The process is simple. If you refer someone who opens a Checking account with full Direct Deposit and e-Statements. Be sure to use this form so we know who to pay, click here to print copies.
Lunch and Learn Financial Workshops Lunch and Learn Financial Workshops Good financial education leads to good financial decision-making. That's why we offer FREE onsite financial workshops to our local Business partners. We can provide your company with quick, effective Lunch and Learn training sessions, designed to help you improve your financial life…all while you have lunch. There are no sales pitches, just information on topics that matter to you, like:
- Identity Theft: Who's in your Wallet?
- Unlocking the Path to Buying a Home
- Solving the Mystery of Credit Reporting
- Financial Peace of Mind: How to Build a Basic Budget
- The Benefits of Nutmeg State Federal Credit Union
Savings Challenge – Save Each Week and Enter to Win! Deposit each week into your Savings Challenge Account and be entered to win 2 prizes for $250. Save in increasing increments ($1 week 1, $2 week 2, etc) for the whole year, and by the end of the year, you'll have $1,378! We'll even enter you to win one of 2 $250 prizes. The first drawing will be on June 30, 2014 and the second on December 1, 2014*. Use this special Savings Challenge sheet to help track your increasing deposits. If you are not yet a member, click here to open your new accounts. *No purchase necessary to enter to win. All Savings Challenge account holders are eligible to enter drawings. Account must be opened before June 30, 2014 to enter to win the first drawing and by December 1, 2014 to enter to win the second drawing. Entry is automatic when Savings Challenge account is opened and funded. Offer can be withdrawn and discontinued at any time without notice. Other terms and conditions may apply.
Important Information about the Target Security Breach Target has notified the public of a credit and debit card data breach across the United States. The breach occurred between November 27, 2013 and December 15, 2013 for purchases made inside Target stores. If you shopped Target online, you will not be affected. If you used your Nutmeg credit or debit card between the dates listed, you may have been affected. Please monitor your account closely. If you see any unusual or unauthorized activity on our account, notify us immediately. Contact us at 1.800.526.6933 or 860.513.5000. The credit union has multiple systems in place to monitor fraudulent activity, but we encourage you to closely monitor your accounts if you shopped at Target during these dates. We also have an Identity Theft Recovery Program in place for members in the event that identity theft occurs. Members who are protected by this program receive a personal Recovery Advocate. The Recovery Advocate assigned to your case will:
- provide a customized recovery plan within 72 hours
- alert the three major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion)
- work with all necessary government and law enforcement agencies
- complete all forms and follow-up on your behalf
Our Mobile Branch Visits Businesses, Schools and Community Events Interested in having the Mobile Branch visit your business, school or community event? SCHEDULE A VISIT TODAY! We're more than happy to bring our banking services to you, we'd love to work with you. Please click here to schedule a visit today! Or call 860.513.5000 or 800.526.6933 to learn more about how we can serve your company or school.