Author Archives: jarnone
Important Reminder for Using Your Credit and Debit Cards Debit Card Fraud Alert: Fraud activity has been identified in Hartford county at gas stations, package stores, pharmacies and convenience stores. For this reason, we wanted to take a minute to remind you to be vigilant about monitoring your credit and debit card activity. You can minimize your risk by making it more difficult for identity thieves to access your personal information.
- Review each credit or debit card purchase in detail and check your monthly statement.
- Start your day knowing how much money is in your account.
- We recommend you set up e-Alerts including account balance alerts and transaction alerts. To do this, login into e-Banking, click on the e-Branch drop down and choose e-Alerts. You can have these alerts sent to your phone, e-mail address or both.
- Check your account virtually anytime, anywhere by downloading our mobile app.
- For added protection when using your debit card, elect to use your PIN over signature if possible.
Kidz Club Holiday Special Offer Give the gift of savings! Open a new Kidz Club Account from 11/27/15 through 12/31/15 in a branch and we will make a $10.00 donation to the Channel 3 Kids Camp! Plus, we’ll give you a special gift ornament and deposit certificate to give to the recipient.
Offer valid for Kidz Club accounts opened in branch only. Minimum first deposit of $25.00 into Kidz Club required. Gift item offer is valid while supplies last and are subject to availability. $10.00 donation to Channel 3 Kids Camp will be made by 12/31/2015. Other terms and conditions apply. Offer may be discontinued at any time without notice.
Earn Double VISA Rewards Points This Holiday Season
Double Rewards PointsEarn double rewards points on VISA Credit Card purchases this holiday season (now through December 31, 2015)*. To enroll or redeem available reward points, click here to log in to e-Banking and click Credit Card Access in the e-Branch drop-down menu. If you are already enrolled in our rewards program, you will automatically earn double rewards on your qualified purchases. Don't have a card yet? Applying is easy. Click here to apply online or call 1.800.526.6933/860.513.5000. Interested in saving money by transferring existing balances to your Nutmeg card? Take advantage of our low balance transfer rate of 4.99% APR. Click here for more information about our balance transfer promotion. *VISA REWARD POINTS FOR PURCHASES MADE BETWEEN OCTOBER 15, 2015 THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2015 WILL BE EARNED AT DOUBLE THE NORMAL RATE. QUALIFIED PURCHASES INCLUDE PURCHASES OF GOODS AND SERVICES, BUT DO NOT INCLUDE ANY RETURNS OR REFUNDS, BALANCE TRANSFERS, CASH ADVANCES, CASH-LIKE CHARGES SUCH AS TRAVELERS CHECKS, FOREIGN CURRENCY, AND MONEY ORDERS, INTEREST, UNAUTHORIZED OR FRAUDULENT CHARGES, OR FEES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING LATE FEES. OTHER RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. OFFER VALID FOR NEW AND EXISTING CARDHOLDER ACCOUNTS IN GOOD STANDING ONLY. NO DELINQUENCY, LATE PAYMENTS OR CHARGE-OFF ACCOUNTS.
Holiday Loan Skip-a-Payment Offer Need a little extra cash to spend around the holidays? We can help. Skip your next loan payment for:
- New & Used Vehicle Loans
- Personal Loans
- Motorcycle Loans
- RV & Travel Trailer Loans
Introducing More Ways to Pay Your Loans Online! More Ways to Pay! Paying your Nutmeg loans has never been easier. In addition to paying from your Nutmeg Accounts, you can also now pay from other financial institutions. Click here to login to e-Banking to pay from your Nutmeg Account Click here to pay from an outside financial institution Paying from an outside institution is free, safe and secure. Payments take 1-2 business days (weekends and holidays not included). The process to set up a payment is easy. Click here for instructions. Please note these other frequently asked questions about making a payment from an outside institution:
- Payments can be made to most loans accounts (payments to first mortgages or credit card payments is not possible). Maximum payment amount is $2000.
- Scheduled payments can be made up to 15 calendar days in advance.
- Scheduled payments cannot be set to automatically recur at this time.
- Scheduled payments can only be set up for regular business days, you will be prompted to choose another date if you choose a weekend or holiday.
- Scheduled payments will apply to your loan within 1 business day after the scheduled date. For instance, a payment scheduled for a Friday will not be applied to the loan until Monday. Please be sure to allow for extra time when scheduling in advance.
Pay Off Your Mortgage in Just 8 to 12 Years! Find Out How. With our Homeowners Express mortgage, you can own your home in 8 to 12 years.
- Refinance your mortgage from another lender
- Maximum loan-to-value of 75%
- As low as 3.29% APR* up to 8 year mortgages
- As low as 3.49% APR up to 12 year mortgages
BEST OF ALL… There's no closing costs or application fees!Click here to apply. If you are new to Nutmeg, we must first open your account. Click here to begin. Want to see how much refinancing with Homeowners Express can save you? Click here to use our Home Loan Analysis to find out how much you can save. For questions or more information, click here to send us an e-mail or call 860.513.5000 to speak to a loan representative.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. The APR and monthly payment for your loan request will be based on your credit score and other factors. Your actual rate may be higher than the advertised rate depending on your credit score. Subject to credit approval. Payoff existing mortgage balances. No cash out. Minimum loan amount of $25,000. Maximum loan amount of $375,000. New money only. Existing NSFCU first mortgage loans are not eligible. Maximum loan-to-value of 75%. Eligible properties are single family detached owner occupied homes, condominiums and planned unit developments in Connecticut. Other terms and conditions may apply. We are an equal opportunity lender. Sample monthly payment per $1,000 borrowed for 96 months at 3.29% APR = $11.86, and per $1,000 borrowed for 144 months at 3.49% APR = $8.51.
VISA Credit Card EMV Chip-Enabled Cards As you may have heard by now, all credit card issuers are required to begin issuing EMV (Europay, MasterCard, VISA) chip-enabled cards. Beginning September 24th, 2015 all new VISA Credit Cards include the EMV chip. This includes all naturally reissued cards, lost/stolen cards, and cards reissued for any other reason. The EMV chip technology allows for added layers of security at the point of sale. EMV credit cards are the new industry standard and are more widely accepted when traveling internationally. The EMV chip technology allows cardholders to pay 3 different ways.
- Swipe your card: If a merchant is not EMV ready, swipe the card as usual with the magnetic strip.
- Insert into the chip reader: Insert the chip portion with the chip facing up. Leave the card in the terminal while completing the transaction. Follow the on-screen terminal prompts. When the transaction is complete you will be prompted to remove your card. Don’t leave it behind!
- Or, Use Pay Wave technology: If a merchant accepts VISA® Pay Wave, you simply wave your card in front of the contactless device and transaction information is submitted.
Our Student Choice Program Helps Students Borrow at Low Rates! Our Student Choice program helps college and university students pay for their education related expenses. Our program offers an Undergraduate Line of Credit and a Private Loan Consolidation option. Our private student loan solution:
- Helps fill the funding gap that exists after lower-cost sources of aid have been exhausted.
- Offers lower rates than many other lenders.
- Allows for fully deferred payment while you're in school.
- Is structured as a Line-of-Credit (LOC), which you can then use over multiple years.
- Offers flexible repayment options resulting in lower initial payments after graduation.
- Gives you the chance to reduce your interest rate by 0.25% during full repayment when you enroll in automatic payment.
Win Big With the 2015 Savings Challenge – Save Each Week and Enter to Win! Deposit each week into your Savings Challenge Account and be entered to win! Save in increasing increments ($1 week 1, $2 week 2, etc) for the whole year, and by the end of the year, you'll have over $1,300! Or, deposit $25 automatically each week into your account all year long! Need to catch up? Begin by saving the largest amount first! We'll even enter you to win one of twelve $50 prizes. There will be a drawing for each calendar month*. Use this special Saving Challenge Tracker to help track your increasing deposits. Click here to open your Savings Challenge account online. *No purchase necessary to enter to win. All Savings Challenge account holders are eligible to enter drawings. Entry is automatic when Savings Challenge account is opened and funded. Offer can be withdrawn and discontinued at any time without notice. Other terms and conditions may apply.
Apple Pay for Nutmeg Credit & Debit Cards Apple Pay is available for Nutmeg Debit and Credit Cards! You can use Apple devices to securely make purchases from your phone without using your card! Apple Pay can be accessed in the Passbook App and be used safely, securely and conveniently on your iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 and Apple Watch. Use it to pay for your everyday purchases at your favorite establishments, click here for a list of common providers. The technology allows you to use your credit or debit cards without having to physically hand them to a cashier. Retailers only receive transaction-specific codes to process your payment and you never have to share your card information with retail staff. How to Use Apple Pay in Participating Stores: 1. Look for the Pay Wave® or Apple Pay symbol at checkout and hold your phone near the contact-less reader.
2. Place your finger on the Touch ID™. Or, you may need to enter a pass code and sign a receipt.
3. Keep your phone by the reader until it vibrates and beeps, indicating your payment was accepted.
Making payments with Apple Pay is easy and secure. The entire transaction is secure, as your credit and debit card numbers aren't stored on the device and are not shared with the merchant.
Setting up your cards is easy. Click here for setup instructions. If you are prompted to call to verify your card, please call 1.800.526.6933 during our Contact Center hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Earn 4.99% APY with First Choice Checking! Our First Choice Checking is designed for our members who carry high balances in their Checking accounts. Take advantage of 4.99% APY* interest on checking balances up to $10,000.00 and 0.01% APY for balances greater than $10,000.00. Opening your account online is very easy, click here to get started! In order to receive monthly interest bonus, you must have a Debit Card and be enrolled in e-Statements and the ID Theft Protection Program. Plus, you must also have any 2 of the following:
- VISA® Credit Card
- Consumer Loan
- Money Market, IRA or Share Certificate
- At least 12 debit card transactions per month
- At least 7 electronic transactions – ACH, e-Pay, e-Banking, Direct Deposit
- 0.25% APY increase on new and renewed certificates (minimum 1 year)
- 0.50% APR discount on new consumer loans