Author Archives: jarnone
Win Big With the 2015 Savings Challenge – Save Each Week and Enter to Win! Deposit each week into your Savings Challenge Account and be entered to win! Save in increasing increments ($1 week 1, $2 week 2, etc) for the whole year, and by the end of the year, you'll have over $1,300! Or, deposit $25 automatically each week into your account all year long! We'll even enter you to win one of twelve $50 prizes. There will be a drawing for each calendar month*. Use this special Saving Challenge Tracker to help track your increasing deposits. If you are not yet a member, click here to open your new accounts. *No purchase necessary to enter to win. All Savings Challenge account holders are eligible to enter drawings. Entry is automatic when Savings Challenge account is opened and funded. Offer can be withdrawn and discontinued at any time without notice. Other terms and conditions may apply.
Earn 4.99% APY with First Choice Checking! Our First Choice Checking is designed for our members who carry high balances in their Checking accounts. Take advantage of 4.99% APY* interest on checking balances up to $10,000.00 and 0.01% APY for balances greater than $10,000.00. In order to receive monthly interest bonus, you must have a Debit Card and be enrolled in e-Statements and the ID Theft Protection Program. Plus, you must also have any 2 of the following:
- VISA® Credit Card
- Consumer Loan
- Money Market, IRA or Share Certificate
- At least 12 debit card transactions per month
- At least 7 electronic transactions – ACH, e-Pay, e-Banking, Direct Deposit
- 0.25% APY increase on new and renewed certificates (minimum 1 year)
- 0.50% APR discount on new consumer loans
- Member Referral Program – We’ll give you $25 when you refer a friend or family member to the credit union
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. In order to receive the interest bonus on the First Choice Checking accountholder must have a debit card and be enrolled in e-Statements and ID Theft Protection Program. Accountholder must also have 2 of the following: A VISA® Credit Card, consumer loan, a mortgage, a qualified savings product (Money Market account, IRA or Share Certificate). The VISA® must have $1,000.00 balance or greater at end of calendar month to qualify. Accountholder must also perform both of the following: At least 12 debit card transactions per month and at least 7 electronic transactions – can include electronic funds transfers, e-Pay, e-Banking, or Direct Deposit. Qualified transactions must post to the account during the monthly statement cycle. If each of these requirements is met at the end of the month, the interest bonus will be deposited at the beginning of the following month. Interest will be calculated based on the average daily balance method and will be paid at the rate of 4.99% APY for balances up to $10,000.00 and 0.01% APY for balances greater than $10,000.00. May be subject to 1099 reporting. Rewards and rebates will be paid on a per account basis. Only one account per member number. Rates are determined by the Board of Directors and are subject to change at any time without notice. Other terms and conditions may apply. Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
We Are Officially Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union 2015 is set to bring some exciting, new changes to the credit union. Starting January 1, Nutmeg will move forward doing business as Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union. This change reflects our conversion from a Federally-chartered credit union to a State-chartered credit union. You can continue to expect the same great service as we transition to a new name. All of your account information will remain the same and business will go on as usual. Your debit cards, credit cards and checks will still be valid. As your cards expire or checks run out, they will be reissued with the new name. Our new charter now allows us to expand our membership to include members from New Haven County. We are making exciting moves as we expand into the area with a new branch in the coming year. You will soon begin to see name changes to our branch signage, Web site and print communications through the next few months. It is important to remember that this change will have no impact on your membership, your account numbers or any of your services. If you have any questions, please click here to e-mail us or call our Contact Center at 860.513.5000 or toll-free at 800.526.6933. WE WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A HAPPY, PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!
VISA Balance Transfer Special – Transfer and Save!
Transfer & SaveSave money when you transfer balances from your high rate credit cards to our VISA® Credit Card. Take advantage of our low balance transfer rate of 1.99%APR*. Call 1.800.654.7728 or log in to e-Banking to transfer your balances now. Click here to calculate how much money you will save by transferring your balances. Don't have a card yet? Applying is easy. Click here for a printable application, call 860.513.5000 or visit any of our branches.
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Transfer from one or more high interest rate credit cards to our low rate credit card. $500 minimum balance transfer required. Promotional rates are good for 6 months from the date of each individual transfer during the promotional period. Highest interest debt will be paid first. Balance Transfer promotional period runs from 05.15.2014-01.31.2015. There are no balance transfer fees. Balance transfers post as a cash advance. Rates are good on new balances from other financial institutions only, for both existing cardholder accounts and new accounts. New money only. Offer valid for accounts in good standing only. No delinquency, late payments or charge-off accounts. All applications are subject to credit approval. We are an equal opportunity lender. Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Refer Family and Friends and You’ll Both Get Paid! Tell your family and friends about all the benefits of banking with Nutmeg, and we'll give you both $25! Refer up to four different people get paid each time. The process is simple. If you refer someone who opens a Checking account with full Direct Deposit and e-Statements. Be sure to use this form so we know who to pay, click here to print copies.
Lunch and Learn Financial Workshops Lunch and Learn Financial Workshops Good financial education leads to good financial decision-making. That's why we offer FREE onsite financial workshops to our local Business partners. We can provide your company with quick, effective Lunch and Learn training sessions, designed to help you improve your financial life…all while you have lunch. There are no sales pitches, just information on topics that matter to you, like:
- Identity Theft: Who's in your Wallet?
- Unlocking the Path to Buying a Home
- Solving the Mystery of Credit Reporting
- Financial Peace of Mind: How to Build a Basic Budget
- The Benefits of Nutmeg State FCU
Important Information about the Target Security Breach Target has notified the public of a credit and debit card data breach across the United States. The breach occurred between November 27, 2013 and December 15, 2013 for purchases made inside Target stores. If you shopped Target online, you will not be affected. If you used your Nutmeg credit or debit card between the dates listed, you may have been affected. Please monitor your account closely. If you see any unusual or unauthorized activity on our account, notify us immediately. Contact us at 1.800.526.6933 or 860.513.5000. The credit union has multiple systems in place to monitor fraudulent activity, but we encourage you to closely monitor your accounts if you shopped at Target during these dates. We also have an Identity Theft Recovery Program in place for members in the event that identity theft occurs. Members who are protected by this program receive a personal Recovery Advocate. The Recovery Advocate assigned to your case will:
- provide a customized recovery plan within 72 hours
- alert the three major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion)
- work with all necessary government and law enforcement agencies
- complete all forms and follow-up on your behalf