Author Archives: jarnone
Pay Off Your Mortgage in Just 8 to 12 Years! Find Out How. With our Homeowners Express mortgage, you can own your home in 8 to 12 years.
- Refinance your mortgage from another lender
- Maximum loan-to-value of 75%
- As low as 3.29% APR* up to 8 year mortgages
- As low as 3.49% APR up to 12 year mortgages
BEST OF ALL… There's no closing costs or application fees!Click here to apply. If you are new to Nutmeg, we must first open your account. Click here to begin. Want to see how much refinancing with Homeowners Express can save you? Click here to use our Home Loan Analysis to find out how much you can save. For questions or more information, click here to send us an e-mail or call 860.513.5000 to speak to a loan representative.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. The APR and monthly payment for your loan request will be based on your credit score and other factors. Your actual rate may be higher than the advertised rate depending on your credit score. Subject to credit approval. Payoff existing mortgage balances. No cash out. Minimum loan amount of $25,000. Maximum loan amount of $375,000. New money only. Existing NSFCU first mortgage loans are not eligible. Maximum loan-to-value of 75%. Eligible properties are single family detached owner occupied homes, condominiums and planned unit developments in Connecticut. Other terms and conditions may apply. We are an equal opportunity lender. Sample monthly payment per $1,000 borrowed for 96 months at 3.29% APR = $11.86, and per $1,000 borrowed for 144 months at 3.49% APR = $8.51.
Mobile App Update Is Now Available An update to our Mobile App is now available. We hope these enhancements deliver continued convenience to our members. Password Reset You now have the ability to reset passwords right from the App. Previously, password resets had to be done from the desktop e-Banking platform. e-Statement Enrollment - Coming Soon The App will allow users to enroll in e-Statements right on the App. Once enrolled, you can view your statements anytime on your mobile device! If you don't already use our App, click here for more information or to download.
VISA Credit Card EMV Chip-Enabled Cards As you may have heard by now, all credit card issuers are required to begin issuing EMV (Europay, MasterCard, VISA) chip-enabled cards. Beginning September 24th, 2015 all new VISA Credit Cards include the EMV chip. This includes all naturally reissued cards, lost/stolen cards, and cards reissued for any other reason. The EMV chip technology allows for added layers of security at the point of sale. EMV credit cards are the new industry standard and are more widely accepted when traveling internationally. The EMV chip technology allows cardholders to pay 3 different ways.
- Swipe your card: If a merchant is not EMV ready, swipe the card as usual with the magnetic strip.
- Insert into the chip reader: Insert the chip portion with the chip facing up. Leave the card in the terminal while completing the transaction. Follow the on-screen terminal prompts. When the transaction is complete you will be prompted to remove your card. Don’t leave it behind!
- Or, Use Pay Wave technology: If a merchant accepts VISA® Pay Wave, you simply wave your card in front of the contactless device and transaction information is submitted.
Our East Windsor Branch & ATM Are No Longer In Service, Effective August 29, 2015 In an effort to continue enhancing our member experience, we frequently re-evaluate our products and services, hours of operation, security and technology, staff, and branch locations. During recent lease negotiations involving the East Windsor branch, located at 137 Prospect Hill Road, we could not come to terms with the property owner to solidify continued occupation of this location. As a result, the difficult decision to close this branch and ATM, effective at close of business August 29, 2015, was made. In the future, we hope to reintroduce a branch somewhere around this area and have already begun searching for new locations. We have a wide range of electronic services to help bank without a branch. These services give you access to your accounts anywhere, anytime. They include:
- Mobile Banking
- e-Statements – View statements electronically
- e-Pay – Pay bills online or from our mobile app
- Online Loan Application and Payment
- Voiceline – Telephone banking
- e-Deposits – Deposit checks electronically
- ATM access to the SUM and Co-Op Networks – Choose from over 40,000 free ATMS
- Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Our Student Choice Program Helps Students Borrow at Low Rates! Our Student Choice program helps college and university students pay for their education related expenses. Our program offers an Undergraduate Line of Credit and a Private Loan Consolidation option. Our private student loan solution:
- Helps fill the funding gap that exists after lower-cost sources of aid have been exhausted.
- Offers lower rates than many other lenders.
- Allows for fully deferred payment while you're in school.
- Is structured as a Line-of-Credit (LOC), which you can then use over multiple years.
- Offers flexible repayment options resulting in lower initial payments after graduation.
- Gives you the chance to reduce your interest rate by 0.25% during full repayment when you enroll in automatic payment.
Win Big With the 2015 Savings Challenge – Save Each Week and Enter to Win! Deposit each week into your Savings Challenge Account and be entered to win! Save in increasing increments ($1 week 1, $2 week 2, etc) for the whole year, and by the end of the year, you'll have over $1,300! Or, deposit $25 automatically each week into your account all year long! Need to catch up? Begin by saving the largest amount first! We'll even enter you to win one of twelve $50 prizes. There will be a drawing for each calendar month*. Use this special Saving Challenge Tracker to help track your increasing deposits. Click here to open your Savings Challenge account online. *No purchase necessary to enter to win. All Savings Challenge account holders are eligible to enter drawings. Entry is automatic when Savings Challenge account is opened and funded. Offer can be withdrawn and discontinued at any time without notice. Other terms and conditions may apply.
Apple Pay for Nutmeg Credit & Debit Cards Now Available! Apple Pay for Nutmeg Debit and Credit Cards is now available! You can use Apple devices to securely make purchases from your phone without using your card! Apple Pay can be accessed in the Passbook App and be used safely, securely and conveniently on your iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 and Apple Watch. Use it to pay for your everyday purchases at your favorite establishments, click here for a list of common providers. The technology allows you to use your credit or debit cards without having to physically hand them to a cashier. Retailers only receive transaction-specific codes to process your payment and you never have to share your card information with retail staff. How to Use Apple Pay in Participating Stores: 1. Look for the Pay Wave® or Apple Pay symbol at checkout and hold your phone near the contact-less reader.
2. Place your finger on the Touch ID™. Or, you may need to enter a pass code and sign a receipt.
3. Keep your phone by the reader until it vibrates and beeps, indicating your payment was accepted.
Making payments with Apple Pay is easy and secure. The entire transaction is secure, as your credit and debit card numbers aren't stored on the device and are not shared with the merchant.
Setting up your cards is easy. Click here for setup instructions. If you are prompted to call to verify your card, please call 1.800.526.6933 during our Contact Center hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Earn 4.99% APY with First Choice Checking! Our First Choice Checking is designed for our members who carry high balances in their Checking accounts. Take advantage of 4.99% APY* interest on checking balances up to $10,000.00 and 0.01% APY for balances greater than $10,000.00. Opening your account online is very easy, click here to get started! In order to receive monthly interest bonus, you must have a Debit Card and be enrolled in e-Statements and the ID Theft Protection Program. Plus, you must also have any 2 of the following:
- VISA® Credit Card
- Consumer Loan
- Money Market, IRA or Share Certificate
- At least 12 debit card transactions per month
- At least 7 electronic transactions – ACH, e-Pay, e-Banking, Direct Deposit
- 0.25% APY increase on new and renewed certificates (minimum 1 year)
- 0.50% APR discount on new consumer loans