Our Checking Accounts are very rewarding!
Take advantage of:
- ATM rebates up to $8 each month*
- 25¢ cash back on debit card purchases*
- ZERO monthly service charges or maintenance fees
- Overdraft Protection and ID Theft Protection available
- No minimum balance requirements
- Free ATM transactions at all SUM and Co-Op Network ATMs
Plus, our More-Than-Free Checking comes with all the FREE electronic services you need. If you are new to Nutmeg, we must first open your basic savings account.
Click here to open your account.
*Must conduct 15 debit card transactions monthly in order to receive cash back or ATM fee refunds. There is a $8.00 cap for ATM refunds and a $15.00 cap on cash back. Qualified transactions must be debit card purchases over $50.00 in order to get cash back. ATM transactions do not qualify. Qualifying cash back transactions earn you $0.25 per transaction. Cash back amount of $0.25 is subject to change at any time. ATM transactions do not qualify for cash back purchases, but they do qualify for the fee rebate. Transactions must post to the account during the monthly statement cycle. This account requires you to sign up for free e-Banking, e-Statements and e-Alerts and have either free full direct deposit or at least two (2) ACH credits or debits post to your More-Than-Free Checking account during the monthly statement cycle. May be subject to 1099 reporting. Rewards and rebates will be paid on a per account basis.
Our Status Checking Account provides all the benefits of a Checking account without all the paper. This Checking is available to teens (13-17) with a parent or guardian as a co-owner. The account is completely electronic, has no service fees, and will help avoid overdrafts.
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service fees
- ATM/Debit Card available ($200 daily limit)
- Free ATM/Debit transactions at over 40,000 ATMs*
- Overdraft protection from other CU accounts (limit of six preauthorized transfers per month/per savings account, in accordance with Reg. D)**
- Must enroll in e-Statements, e-Banking and e-Pay (No paper checks allowed)
- Free Mobile Banking (iPhone and Android app)
- e-Mail and Text Alerts
*Terms and conditions may apply.
Your ATM/Debit Card allows you to present your card in any store that honors MasterCard®. Your transaction will be treated like a credit card sale, except the money that you spend will be deducted directly from your checking account. Advantages include:
- It’s a MasterCard®, ATM and checkbook all rolled into one.
- Free ATM/Debit transactions.*
- When you use your card, the funds are deducted directly from your NSFCU checking account.
- There are no annual fees or finance charges.
- It’s safer than carrying cash, and less hassle to tote around than your checkbook.
- You can use your card to make purchases wherever the MasterCard® symbol is displayed.