Member Services Specialist (Part-time)
Newington, Cromwell and Rocky Hill Branch Locations
This position acts as front-line contact with members, provides information and services concerning member accounts, recognizes sales opportunities and effectively cross-sells products and services to build member relationships. Both part-time and full-time hours are available.
Requirements include a minimum of 2 years of financial/retail services experience; a positive attitude; excellent communication and sales skills; the availability to travel to any branch location and/or work extended hours, as needed; the aptitude to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; a high degree of accuracy and flexibility; and the ability to perform tasks with limited supervision. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Member Experience Specialist (PT- Entry level)
Contact Center- Rocky Hill Corporate
The Member Experience Specialist is responsible for answering incoming member and/or non-member calls in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner while providing excellent member service. The Member Experience Specialist will serve as an information resource to members and non-members and possesses a thorough knowledge of products, service, policies and procedures and handles all inquiries effectively.
Requirements include a minimum of 1 year experience in financial services or call center; a positive attitude; organized and a strong ability to trouble-shoot problems. The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and flexibility is required. Ability to use manual and automated office equipment with business efficiency. Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) with other employees and outside entities. Intellectual ability to learn all tasks related to reaching maximum proficiency in this position.
Floating Member Service Specialist
The Floating Member Service Specialist supports all branch locations and the Contact Center in the capacity of Teller and Member Service Representative. This position acts as front-line contact with members, provides information and services concerning member accounts, recognizes sales opportunities and effectively cross-sells products and services to build member relationships.
Requirements include a minimum of 1 year experience in customer service or financial services. Associates Degree preferred or equivalent work experience. Previous experience handling heavy cash transactions as a teller or in a retail/sales/customer service environment. Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team-oriented environment. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Reliable means of transportation.
Rocky Hill Branch- occasional weeknights and Saturday hours required.
This position works in the collections department to assist in collection efforts on delinquent loans and share drafts. The Collector will ensure delinquency notices are mailed promptly after due date and that an adequate follow-up program is maintained. Makes contact as necessary and advisable and takes appropriate action to arrange a satisfactory settlement of delinquent accounts. This position will consult with members requesting extensions of loan payments and complete prescribed forms for Loan Officers. The Collector will be responsible for keeping accurate and up-to-date activity reports on the late, potential and delinquent loan lists.
A minimum of 2 years collections experience and knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act is required. Also, must possess strong analytical and decision-making skills, excellent communication skills, and computer proficiency. Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) with other employees and outside entities.
Home Equity Loan Processor
The primary purpose of this position is to assist Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union in living out its service mission, “making a positive difference in our members’ lives.” To achieve this goal the employee must provide outstanding service to both internal and external members. In addition, this position processes home equity loans for underwriting and prepares home equity documents for closing. Effective communication with prospective and current members is required to represent Nutmeg State FCU in a positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of all home equity lending products, services, and processes.
- Prepare, process and disburse the credit union’s home equity loans which include: gathering necessary documents for files; securing approval, as necessary; file, prepare, and schedule closings; disburse funds and post to credit union records; and follow-up to ensure completeness and accuracy of the loan file.
- Organizes files and accurately finalizes member loan requests.
- Proficiently schedules closings via branch offices.
- Consistently provides an excellent member experience by identifying member needs and proactively selling products and services that will benefit the member.
- Actively seeks opportunities to increase loan volume, funding turnaround time and consistently meets or exceeds established production goals.
- Successfully and completely processes home equity loan funding’s, all forms of loan maintenance and all loan related transactions.
- Maintain and follow-up pending files to assure completeness and accuracy.
- Assembles loan packages within twenty-four to forty-eight hours of loan closing.
- Scans all loan related files and paperwork in the OnBase software for record-keeping.
- Demonstrates a commitment to working effectively as a team and to ongoing self-development by staying up to date on all current, applicable industry standards.
- Oversee efficient disbursement of approved home equity loans.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in areas related to Lending. Must have a thorough knowledge of lending rules, regulations and laws, with a specific understanding of home equity and secondary mortgage market guidelines and have the ability to work independently.
Must have or obtain Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) number to act as a mortgage loan originator. Must be accurate, detail-oriented, and organized to meet demanding deadlines, and, also, demonstrate good member service skills. Must possess effective knowledge of the Credit Union’s products and services. Must have a good working knowledge of the credit union’s core data processing system and mortgage processing software program. Ability to use manual and automated office equipment with business efficiency.
Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) with other employees and outside entities. Intellectual ability to learn all tasks related to reaching maximum proficiency in this position.
This position is responsible for collaborating with other departments to produce needed reports, parameter changes, application development, web development and process flow modifications. This position will also be assisting with the daily Keystone core function.
- Assist in maintaining the core processing System and other Databases (DB2, SQL, My SQL, Oracle, IIS).
- Write programs that provide information pertaining to the core processing system or other database as requested.
- Develop and/or modify electronic files as directed or new processes required.
- Assist in the scheduler system to ensure successful completion of the routine processing of the core system (to include daily, weekly, monthly, etc.).
- Actively review new functions that may streamline processes on the core system and other applications and databases.
- Modify values within the core processing system to produce results requested or approved by the AVP of Support Services or the EVP.
- Participate in meetings pertaining to special projects to assess changes necessary to the systems.
- Work with vendors for system changes as dictated by special projects or system developments.
- Assist in the routine updates of the core processing system.
- Assist with Help Desk items as assigned.
- Develop applications that stream line the business process which include but not limited to web application and smart apps.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Ability to apply technical standards, principles, theories and techniques.
- Experience with programming languages such as .NET, Java, C++, HTML, Java Script.
- Database systems experience with DB2, SQL, My SQL, Informix.
- Possesses problem solving capabilities.
- Must have proven analytical and technical skills to be able to devise new and adapt existing methods, techniques, and procedures to meet specific requirement
- Excellent customer service skills, verbal, written, listening and presenting skills are required.
Minimum of 3 years of programming experience required. Five or more years of experience preferred. Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience. Excellent leadership abilities. Able to organize, coordinate, and direct projects. Strong oral and written communications abilities. Able to use all related hardware and software. Ability to use manual and automated office equipment with business efficiency. Intellectual ability to learn all tasks related to reaching maximum proficiency in this position.
All candidates will be required to successfully complete an aptitude test for this position.
The Operations Specialist will provide support to branch teams in person, by telephone or by e-mail as needed. This role handles a variety of incoming member and/or non-member calls. The Operations Specialist will serve as an information resource to members,non-member and other employees as well as possess a thorough knowledge of products, services, policies and internal procedures. This role handles daily operational tasks including the following:
- Processes incoming mail deposits and payments on a daily basis while ensuring balancing accuracy.
- Reviews and approves electronic deposits (e-Mobile, e-Deposit, A2A, Cavion) on a daily basis to include placing holds according to credit union procedures.
- Receives all returned mail and updates accounts according to established procedures.
- Provides second level assistance with Debit Card and Credit Card servicing requests.
- Performs verification of balances and account history to include Medicare, member research requests, Housing Assistance, Social Security, Title 19 etc
- Reviews inactive account reports and removes as required.
- Performs research as needed with member statements, IRS items, billing, etc.
- Performs all aspects of Records Retention according to established NSFCU policies.
- Handles ATM Machine disputes.
Associates Degree preferred or equivalent work experience. 1-2 years of experience in a banking operations environment preferred. Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team-oriented environment. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Proficient with Microsoft office applications and knowledge of banking technology. Ability to use manual and automated office equipment with business efficiency. Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) with other employees and outside entities. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with heavy internal member contact.
Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you would like to join our team, click here to email your resume and salary requirements.
Due to the volume of interest we receive for each position, we regret that we are not able to respond to every inquiry. A representative from our Human Resources team will contact candidates via email whose experience and qualifications most closely match the requirements of the position.